And now this: UN General Assembly President Miguel d’Escoto Brockman, former Nicaraguan FM and unrepentant Sandinista, has named a rogues’ gallery of anti-Western crackpots and 9/11 conspiracy theorists as his “Special Senior Advisors.” The indefatigable Matt Lee of Inner City Press has the story here.
Now advising the head of the UN’s parliament are Professor Richard Falk, cheerleader for the theory that 9/11 was an inside job; Ramsey Clark, tool of left-wing cultists who defend Slobodan Milosevic, Saddam Hussein and Rwandan torturers as anti-imperialist heroes, and Noam Chomsky, the anti-American guru who lends his name to Holocaust deniers. See full list below.
SPECIAL SENIOR ADVISORS TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE 63RD SESSION OF THE UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY
1. Brother David Andrews CSC (USA).
2. Ms. Maude Barlow (Canada).
3. Mr. Mohammed Bedjaoui (Algeria).
4. Mr. Leonardo Boff (Brazil).
5. Mr. Kevin Cahill (USA).
6. Mr. François Houtart (Belgium).
7. Mr. Noam Chomsky (USA).
8. Mr. Ramsey Clark (USA).
9. Mr. Richard Falk (USA).
10. Mr. Michael Kennedy (USA).
11. Ms. Eleonora Kennedy (USA).
12. Mr. Olivier De Schutter (Belgium).
13. Mr. Joseph Stiglitz (USA).
14. Sir John E. Sulston (UK).
15. Mr. Howard Zinn (USA).