Following UN Watch’s reports, articles and speeches exposing the scoundrels below, a bill pending in the US Congress, H.R.2829 – United Nations Transparency, Accountability, and Reform Act of 2011, effectively places these UN Human Rights Council officials on a watchlist:
(8) Some of these [United Nations Human Rights Council] special rapporteurs and members of the Advisory Committee have displayed consistent bias against the United States, Israel, and the Jewish people, while providing support to human rights abusers.
(9) Richard Falk, the United Nations ‘Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Palestinian territories occupied since 1967’, has compared Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians to the Holocaust, questioned the veracity of the events of September 11, 2001, and posted a cartoon on his blog depicting Americans and Jews as bloodthirsty dogs.
(10) Jean Ziegler, a member of the United Nations Human Rights Council Advisory Committee and former United Nations ‘Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food’, has accused former President George W. Bush and former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon of committing ‘state terrorism’, has called for an investigation of Israel by the International Criminal Court for ‘war crimes’ following Israel’s war against Hezbollah in 2006, has visited Cuba and praised the Cuban regime’s provision of food to the Cuban people, and has stated that Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe ‘has history and morality with him’. Ziegler was also involved in the establishment of the ‘Al-Gaddafi International Prize for Human Rights’, a prize established by, funded by, and named after Libyan dictator Muammar al-Gaddafi, and awarded in the past to Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Louis Farrakhan, and Roger Garaudy, who has denied the Holocaust, questioned the veracity of the events of September 11, 2001, and supported Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s call for Israel to be ‘wiped off the map’.
(11) Miguel D’Escoto Brockmann, a member of the United Nations Human Rights Council Advisory Committee who has previously served as President of the United Nations General Assembly and as foreign minister for the Sandinista regime in Nicaragua, has implicitly accused the United States of ‘terrorism’, has called former President Ronald Reagan a ‘butcher’, has called for a international boycott of Israel, has stated that the Palestinians were being ‘crucified’ by Israel, has called Israel’s defensive Operation Cast Lead in the Gaza Strip a ‘monstrosity’ and ‘genocide’, has urged the United Nations to use the term ‘apartheid’ in discussing Israeli treatment of Palestinians, has embraced Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad after Ahmadinejad delivered an anti-American, anti-Israel address to the United Nations General Assembly, has stated that charges of genocide against Sudanese dictator Omar Hassan al Bashir are ‘racist’, and has declared Fidel Castro ‘World Hero of Solidarity’, stating that Castro ‘embod[ied] virtues and values worth emulation by all of us’.
(12) Halima Warzazi, a member of the United Nations Human Rights Council Advisory Committee, has compared Israel to Nazi Germany, and used her previous membership in a United Nations apparatus to shield Saddam Hussein from censure for gassing Iraqi Kurds in Halabja.